Whether you are new to amateur radio, more popularly known as ham radio, a seasoned ham, someone interested in amateur radio who has moved to Bloomington or Monroe County recently, or just want to learn about ham radio, join us, your local amateur radio community. BARC is a friendly group of hams who are ready at a moment's notice to provide reliable communications and are an integral part of Monroe Country emergency preparedness plans. As Indiana is located toward the tail end of the tornado alley, many local hams are also trained weather spotters and assist the National Weather Service (NWS) with "ground truths" when we are hit by severe weather.
Bloomington Amateur Radio Club:
- Active since 1967
- Engaged in Monroe Country emergency preparedness (via ARES/RACES)
- Engaged in local weather spotting and working with NWS
- Over 100 members
- Provides VE testing on behalf of FCC/ARRL
- Engaged in local activities such as the Hilly Hundred
- Members range from novices to experts
BARC Party/Elections Rescheduled for Friday, December 13thThe rescheduled BARC party/elections will be held in the Medical Arts building located at 619 W 1st street at 6pm on Friday, December 13th. It is a red brick building and our room is on the lower level...Read More...